The guys over at ThinkTank share some of their favorite answers to the Reddit question: What makes you instantly like someone?
If you’re working on your social skills, these are great answers that most people will agree with.
- Be inviting and welcoming. Invite outsiders into the group. Smile. Be warm.
- Have a sense of humor.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. Being too intense is always a turnoff.
- Be courteous. Be nice, but not overly.
- Don’t suck up, attempt inside jokes or get too comfortable with people you just meet.
- Listen and be genuinely interested. Ask questions.
- Attractiveness, but I’ll amend that to looking put together. I personally appreciate good grooming.