This live course takes you through the Change Cycle and show you how to seamlessly integrate simple habits into your daily routine for lasting weight loss and behavior changes.
What you need to know about behavior change
Change happens when we stop looking for off-the-shelf answers to our one-of-a-kind challenges. We are individuals and even the simplest healthiest diet or eating plan must be adopted for your taste and lifestyle. If you’re looking for quick fixes, sadly, you won’t find them here. We look at change as a multi-disciplinary approach and the goal of this course, will be to guide you as you make our coaching approach your own.
Our approach to change is based on new scientific discoveries in how the brain forms habits and breaks them. For example…
- You’ll need to understand yourself. How YOU work best and start practicing some of our strategies for self awareness.
- You’ll need to know, on a deep and personal level, WHY you want this. Half-assed reasons don’t create deep-set commitment.
- You’ll need to change your mindset (maybe about a few things…maybe about a lot).
- We add fun to the mix. Life, change processes and our big goals cannot be sustained with willpower. In fact, don’t even rely on it.
- With our program, you’ll start small. Take long strides when you can…ease off a bit for some fun…then go hard for another bit…ease up.
In other words, change is a process and although we’re teaching you the entire process in this course, don’t expect to reach your goal in six short weeks.
What happens after the course
Your purchase gives you lifetime access to the closed Facebook group, Do It For Good. We monitor and respond to inquires usually within 48 hours and are committed to your inside out transformation. Run games and campaigns and keep you active, engaged and hungry for more than food.
Module 1: Assessments
Before taking this course, take the readiness quiz to determine whether now is a good time for you to embark on this process. You should be committed to learning new ways to eat and incorporating daily movement and meditation into your lifestyle.
Here, most people think, “I don’t have the time for all that!” If that’s you, we suggest you watch a couple episodes of coaching-themed shows like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (the reboot is really good), SuperNanny, or Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan, or any wardrobe makeover or Clean House type shows. The recurring theme of all these shows is that in order to get the outcome you truly want, you must be open to giving up some stuff. In each and every case, the benefit far outweighs what you give up. So, while you may need to sleep more (7.5-8 hours a night is recommended for most people), it will help you lose and keep the weight off, have more energy to put into your life and goals. We offset everything you give up with new time saving tools.
Module 2: Create a Plan and Strengthen Your Commitment
When starting any behavior change process such as this one, it’s always a good idea to create a plan that…
- contains strategies to address your weaknesses, blind spots and personal challenges
- will grow with you – it’s a marathon, not a sprint
- meet you where you are – most people try to perform at the level they hope to be instead of at the level they’re at now and fail epicly as a result.
Module 3: Take Intentional Actions
For weeks 1-2, we cover the physiological aspect of losing for good:
5 Facebook Live Diet-related sessions
- Spice up your Life: Use pimento, thyme, cilantro, coconut milk and 3 other must-have spices and accents to make your healthy meals taste yummy…because let’s face it, otherwise you won’t stick to your new healthy eating plan.
- What’s Eating You: 2 Live Chats with Q&A around emotional eating
- Bio-nutrients and bio-hacking with Dr. Denise Outage
- 2 live feeds as we go shopping with people starting the program: The 15 items to always have in your kitchen
8 Training Videos
- Snack Happy: 10 snacks that will leave you satiated
- Take Charge of Your Health: 3 videos covering protocols for people with thyroid conditions and other health concerns
- Energizing: Use what you love to find activities inside and outside the gym that you’ll love to do
- It takes a village: How to get your family to eat like you do…painlessly
Expect assignments that cover short readings, practicing awareness through provided exercises, creating a personal mission statement and mantra, checking out our list of recommended nutritionists on Instagram and choosing one to follow, and more.
In week 3, we cover the emotional aspect of why people don’t change and look at:
- How to overcome resistance
- Strategies for self-care and healing
- Social circles and support
- Relapse: They’re part of the process and you should plan for them
- Self- Esteem and strategies to feeling good all the time
- Wardrobe and developing your personal style
in weeks 4-6, we take you even deeper as you fine tune the tools you’ll use to maintain your new lifestyle for good.