The Mindful Approach to Beat Depression
To accomplish anything – whether in self-improvement, career, or any other area – we have to be consistent. The Vurb lifestyle incorporates meditation, bio-nutrition, movement and a SMART mindset, to aid your focus and follow through. In other words, to naturally build your consistency muscles so you have a good foundation going into any endeavor.
Without it, your success with this or any other goal will be limited.
In this issue, we feature a guide to depression that goes beyond our recommended lifestyle to include creativity, movement and other strategies that have helped millions improve, and even cure certain types of depression. Integrating scientific and practical solutions, the guide gives you many ideas to put together your own personalized plan so you can start feeling better now.
There is real hope for many cases of chronic depression. This guide is for those cases that are the consequence of past trauma, a ruminating mind, people suffering from fears and insecurities, inactivity, deficiencies in feel good chemicals such as dopamine, oxytocins and serotonin, and the big one — a lack of connection and support.
We call these “highly treatable” depression.
What makes depression such a challenge to treat on your own is that the illness “convinces” suffers that the very things they need to get better such as being outdoors, being around people, talk therapy, exercise and taking any prescribed medication, is not worth the effort….or that you can’t do it.
This program introduces each of these in a mindful way.
The Mindful Approach to Beat Depression is a one-of-a-kind wellness program that addresses the spiritual, physiological, environmental, occupational, emotional and social deficiencies inherent in depression. After identifying where you are and which deficiencies you have, we give you tools to build you back up, to build a sustainable practice that you’ll use for life.
As usual, you will begin by assessing where you are. Two quizzes help you identify the severity and type of depression you are experiencing:
Because there are many types of depression and each person’s journey is different, our quizzes and assessments aims to help your unique challenges by identifying the behaviors, life situations and other factors that impact your mood.
Use the quiz to:
- Review your physiological needs to identify any deficiencies there. Look at the behaviors and habits that are impacting your condition.
- Look at Safety, Relationship and Occupational Needs. How is job satisfaction, your living situation and quality of support (your level of Love and Belonging) affecting your condition.
- Review your family history and your own struggle with depression. Look at how long and map out the cycle.
- Identify the start and trigger of your depression.
- Review your Spiritual Needs. Look at your level of self-esteem, self-care and how you show up in the world. Examine your belief system and how it affects your mindset and hopefulness.
- Rate your life and condition as it stands now.
- Rate your commitment to treatment now.
For each area of the Life Needs model, we provide recommended and mandatory strategies and show you how to follow a sequential order of treatment to level up from the step before it. With recommended and required strategies, create your own game plan to beat depression.
Here’s what you will find in the physiological and spiritual outlines.
- Follow the Mood Cure diet
- Walk for 20 minutes EVERY morning
- Do a 15-minute Yoga For Depression routine EVERY night
- Consider our list of supplements and biohacks for depression
- Check Thyroid and other medical factors
- Daily heartfelt meditation practice (MANDATORY)
- 3-5 hours of bliss seshes per week (List of creative activities provided)
- Follow recommendations for Talk Therapy and coaching
- Choose a purpose-giving activity
By following our prescribed routine for for 30 days, most people begin to feel better.
From there, add steps according to your own timetable to ascend a wellness ladder that leads you out of the sunken place of depression to live and grow in the real world on your terms.
For chronic depression, expect to follow some type of anti-depression plan for life. This will include light exercise every day (we highly recommend a 20 minute walk in the morning), a minimum exposure to sunlight or light therapy, and other strategies to provide support in the six Life Needs areas.
Join the free Facebook support page to continue your wellness journey. With enough interest, we will develop a live six week course on this topic. Please write to us to request.