Self Magazine is a great resource for practical health and wellness advice and this 10-minute workout — that you can do at your desk — is a great example.
Try them and these tips to make a habit of it.
DO IT THE MINDFUL WAY:
- Put a recurring meeting on your calendar to increase the likelihood of remembering.
- For mental reinforcement, add other healthy habits like keeping nuts at your desk.
- Build in accountability by inviting your cubicle mates and work colleagues to join you.
- Add fun: Put the video on mute and listen to a couple of your fave songs while you’re stretching.
- Don’t make excuses: When you don’t have 10-minutes, do 5. *
COACHING TIP: * Never make time your excuse for not doing what’s important.
If you’re afraid you’ll look foolish doing it at your desk; don’t! Yes, a couple wise guys may snicker at first, but stick with it, and you’ll become a legend in your office. Trust me on this!
Everyone wants to carve out time for healthy habits like these, but don’t.
You’ll be showing them the way.