Self Magazine is a good resource for practical health and wellness advice and this 10-minute workout that you can do at your desk, is a great example. Here are some tips to help you start and stick-to this habit every day.
DO IT THE MINDFUL WAY:
- Put a recurring meeting on your calendar to increase the likelihood of remembering.
- For mental reinforcement, add other healthy habits like keeping nuts at your desk.
- Build in accountability by inviting your cubicle mates and work colleagues to join you.
- Add fun: Put the video on mute and listen to a couple of your fave songs while you’re stretching.
- Don’t make excuses: When you don’t have 10-minutes, do 5. *
VURB-REMINDER: * Never make time your excuse for not doing what’s important.
The other popular excuse for not doing the things that’s going to move our lives forward is embarrassment. If you’re afraid you’ll look foolish doing it at your desk; don’t! Yes, a couple wise guys may snicker at first, but stick with it, and you’ll become a legend in your office. Trust me on this!
Everyone wants to carve out time for healthy habits like these, but don’t. You’ll be showing them the way.