Interior decorator Vanessa Francis shares the process behind her daughter’s bathroom makeover, which she designed and renovated for $5,000 in just six weeks. First, check out the reveal and learn how she stayed within her budget without making compromises to the decor.
And for about $200, see our suggestions below to bring this look to your rental.
TRY IT OUT!
Don’t have $5,000 or the inclination to spend that much on a rental? For about $100-$200 you can mimic this transformation:
- Paint worn-out or dingy cabinets for about $30.
- Create an accent wall with the rest of the paint and a stencil like the Medina Moroccan Stencil from Houzz. $40
- Add artwork by framing photos you take with your camera phone, pick up at Ikea or one of the online second-hand sites like Craigslist and Offerup. $20
- Go for simple patterned shower curtain over busy bright prints. $25
- Declutter — use bins to stash your beauty products and leave out only 2-3 pieces in beautiful containers on the counter. $20
- Bring in flowers to brighten up and class up the room. $10
- Change out the door handle and light fixture with second-hand finds. $40
Christine is a lifestyle coach living in Los Angeles. Using systems, routines, and some psychological trickery, she can help almost anyone hack their mind and life for greater productivity. Email email@example.com to find out if she's available for one-on-one work.