Take all your pent-up panic, restlessness, and hazy ambitions, and channel them into making your life productive, meaningful and successful!
WHAT WE DO
The way we live and think is EVERYTHING! Bestselling author and leadership guru John Maxwell said it well when he said this: The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.
But what if you feel directionless and are secretly panicked about it? What if your routines are leading you on a path of regret? And what if you know yourself to be capable of more– you just don’t know where to start or what you’re missing? The science-based habits and routines in The Vurb Lifestyle (which we call blissiplines) is helping women like you create meaning and become doers.
Some blissiplines like the wardrobe makeover and bedtime routines, feel like fun and games, while others like daily exercise and meditation might have you thinking, “I can’t, I can’t!!” but when you work with others in our Facebook Community (book purchase required) to do these assignments as part of group, you’re more likely to follow through and become more productive and motivated for life.
Hi, I’m Christine! I’m a lifestylist, an ICF certified coach, meditation enthusiast and recovering procrastinator living in Los Angeles. I’m a sucker for all kinds of transformations; home makeovers (HGTV addict here), physical transformations and stories of accomplishment (especially when the odds are stacked against someone), these are the things that give me life!
I believe we should:
- Take the time to figure out what we want/need,
- Live a lifestyle that’s supportive of what we want/need,
- Always believe in ourselves, and
- Get up and DO the thing already!
The Vurb Lifestyle (downloadable ebook coming soon) comes with assessments to help you figure out what you want and need and a list of science-backed routines and habits to choose from to help build focus, a new mindset, healthy routines and more.
The nerdy stuff
Vurb is the result of my 8+ years of research into human motivation which led me to neuro- and cognitive science (amazing stuff!), Maslow’s Needs Hierarchy (which I tweaked), and even to explore military habit formation techniques. I used what I learned to transform myself from a procrastinator to a doer and to build core life skills they forgot to teach me growing up.
My own habits and routines (blissiplines), include a morning routine, a meditation practice, daily exercise, reading a book a month and other lifestyle practices that are specifically beneficial to me. The nice part is that the nerdy stuff isn’t obvious at all.
So, how are you living?
If you’re not exercising, if you run your life on Dunkin Donuts, if the TV is your main source of entertainment and (um), creative expression, and if when you meet your work-bestie for lunch your favorite topic is that co-worker you both can’t stand, then how you’re living is doing you no favors. Using our assessment, you get suggested blissiplines that will be more supportive of the person you want to be–someone with the emotional and physical energy to make big dreams happen even if you’re not sure what those dreams are yet. Certain blissiplines, for example, will develop the prefrontal cortex to make you almost immune to food cravings and bounce back from setbacks in a snap.
Take a look at some of our simpler more common vurbs and blissiplines
Life & Love Vurbs:
- Prioritize people... In business, at home and everywhere, put people first.
- Live in organized beautiful spaces… keeps the mind clear and spirits up.
- Adopt healthy habits… which get hardwired into our brain and changes it (see neuroplasticity).
- Feed your spirit… Go beyond TV; travel, play the drums and skinny dip in cold lakes.
Wellness & Beauty Vurbs:
- Dress well… it’s a simple-to-do confidence booster.
- Own a pet, a musical instrument or another simple well-being aide.
- Nourish is the way to think about food, to eat for fuel, and end dieting… forever!
- Move DAILY and think variety, e.g. yoga, spin classes, dancing (in the living room!).
- Meditate… it lets you breathe in the good shit and breathe out the bullshit.
Work & Personal Growth Vurbs:
- Read…as much as possible. Improves communication skills, mental performance, and careers.
- Learn your strengths… and focus on them, not on fixing weaknesses!!
- Believe in yourself… even when no one else does.
THE FACEBOOK COMMUNITY
We work to inspire, challenge, support, and provide accountability and expertise, so you don’t feel like you’re going it alone. With new science-backed blissiplines on lock, you’ll find direction for your life and go on to accomplish some really cool sh*t … because it’s already in you.