Vurb Magazine is a lifestyle + coaching destination inspiring even procrastinators to become doers.
You’re familiar with verbs (action words), well, by vurb we mean the stuff that moves (motivates and inspires) YOU to act. When you do enough of that stuff, you’re living with vurb and your life is sweeter and goal chasing becomes easier.
WHAT WE DO
We help people form good habits so they have the energy to do the stuff that really matters to them. We create content to inspire doing and coaching guides to help you plan before you start doing. We also put together challenges so you can test drive healthy routines and concepts to beautify your life and home, shift your mindset, transform behaviors and physiques, and get to know and believe in yourself on a level you haven’t before.
Hi, I’m Christine! I’m a lifestylist, digital entrepreneur, decorator of zen-inspired interiors and meditation enthusiast living in Los Angeles. I run things around here and I’m a sucker for all kinds of transformations. From home makeovers (HGTV addict here) to physical transformations, life turnarounds and all sorts of recoveries, I get a high from seeing people change and accomplish things large and small. I’m joined by nutritionists and other coaches to give you a whole life experience and a taste of coaching.
This is what I believe:
I believe we should take the time to learn who we are, always believe in ourselves, and get up and DO the thing already!
Oh, and put ♥ into whatever you’re doing!
You know how you feel after a good night’s rest? Imagine a version of you who knows who you are and what you want. That version of you then stops BS`ing and accept that good sleep is one of the musts to YOU having constant energy. With that energy and all the extra energy you’ll have from living vurb, you’ll be juiced and WANT to do goals and stuff that matter to you.
Why most people don’t take action or follow through
Most people know what they need to do — to be healthier, have better relationships, save, start and complete projects, you name it — they’re just not doing it, and if they start, don’t follow through.
The reason isn’t that they don’t want to or don’t have the time, they lack the energy. Study after study shows that many (maybe most) of the reasons why people don’t take action, or follow through when they do, is because “LIFE” got in the way.
With the physical and emotional energy you get from living vurb (doing what moves you), life will no longer get in your way. You’ll be living with what we call, blissipline.
The Vurb lifestyle for physical and emotional energy
We build physical and emotional energy when we practice vurbs like the ones in our life & style, health & wellness, relationship and career sections. They will juice you up so you have the energy to do what you’re called to do.
Examples of Life & Style Vurbs:
- Dressing well and feeling good for it.
- Taking care of hair, nails and skin while knowing beauty starts within.
- Living in spaces that are organized, uncluttered and beautiful.
- Travel, Netflix, playing the drums and skinny dipping in lakes at night.
Examples of Health & Wellness Vurbs:
- Quality sleep that makes me feel rested and energetic.
- Pets, musical instruments and everyday well-being providers.
- Nutritious foods that makes me feel great, not sluggish and bloated.
- Aerial yoga, spin classes, Saturday morning hikes and loads of dancing!
- Meditation where I breathe in the good shit and breathe out the bullshit.
Examples of Career & Personal Growth Vurbs:
- Doing work that makes me feel that I’m using all of myself.
- Reading a book a month and watching my writing improve because of it!
- Appreciating my transformation from procrastinator to doer!
- Learning my strengths and focusing on them–not on fixing weaknesses.
- Believing in myself even when no one else does.
Examples of Relationship Vurbs:
- Time with family and friends upping my Oxytocin and dopamine levels.
- Finding the perfect gift for my bestie and awing at my shopping skills!
- Karaoke, wheatgrass and rolling trees with the girls on a Friday night.
- Becoming a healthy partner to attract a healthy partner.
- Practicing conscious coupling and parenting so that those I love experience me fully.
Vurb Guides bring you the coach approach to accomplish real stuff.
I used to be a horrible procrastinator myself until I started to see how much it was costing me. Once after giving a speech to a group of about 15 women, it clicked for me how by doing so little preparation, I wasn’t as effective and engaging as I could have been. It was a missed opportunity and not so bad since I was just starting out and learned from it. This is what I learned: unpreparedness is just unprofessional. I decided then and there to reform my procrastinating ways.
That was the beginning of my process; these shifts always begin with self-awareness, btw.
It wasn’t until I sat down, figured out, then clearly articulated what kind of life I wanted that the love (the thing that would move me) took over. It’s what we refer to as the Ultimate Why.
Being a doer is now simple simple.
I’m practicing what is called blissipline where my reasons for doing things are clear and I don’t need willpower or grim determination to act in my own damn best interest.
When I started working with emotional eaters I had a new challenge. A few of my clients struggled to stick to their assignments despite hiring me and paying me a pretty penny to coach them. This led me to research human motivation. I took master classes in it, self-studied the breakthroughs in neuroscience, Maslow’s Needs Hierarchy, and even military habit formation tools.
With the free Vurb guides, you’re getting a taste of how coaching + the neuroscientific understanding of behavior (why we do what we do) and other habit formation methods can help you create lasting change.
Got a topic you want us to cover or prepare a guide to? Please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key concepts that often make their way into our guides:
- Change happens in stages. Know the stages and use the right tool for the stage you’re in.
- Having an Ultimate Why gives you blissipline and a mental edge.
- With certain goals, most people need a support system in order to be successful.
- In order to succeed at most goals, your focus needs to change from short-term to long-term.
- The pause (short breaks) is a great way to stay focused and not overwhelm yourself.
- When you first start any new program, business or habit, go slow!! Fast is the kiss of death.
- Make a plan and plan to fail because you’re going to fail (sometimes several times) before you succeed.
- Repeat. repeat. repeat. Similar to practice practice; it’s how you cement a new habit and write over the old.
- Routines help a lot.
- Consistency is an art, learn it.
- Put love and a little fun into it.
And if you like what we’re about, please don’t leave without becoming a part of our growing tribe.
Sign up to our community