As a B-Schooler, I can’t believe this is my first MarieTV share here.
I’m usually too busy to watch the videos that come to my inbox every Tuesday morning, but I know Marie’s heart-centered work, entrepreneurial advice and interviews are too inspiring and potentially helpful to delete, so I save them to a “water later” folder.
Just before moving it, this week’s title caught my attention as I’m always trying to help bring insight and new perspective to others still looking for their ideal careers.
Watch as Marie interviews Chris Guillebeau, author of several books including, The Art of Non-Conformity, The $100 Startup and his latest, Born for This: How to Find the Work You Were Meant to Do.
For Born for This, Guillebeau talked to people who love their work to try and understand how they identified work they love so he could share with you, how you can replicate the process of finding work you were meant to do.
Of the people he talked to who love their work, these are the 3 common characteristics they share. They have…
- Joy. They’re happy doing what they do most days.
- Money. They can make a sustainable living doing it.
- Flow. Something that when you do it, you get in the zone.
Many people I talk to, have found joy and flow, which are interrelated and usually get one with the other. The problem and hang up often is, how do I make money doing it?
The coach says:
- Explore income streams.
- Hire an expert in the field to help you devise a business development plan.
- Do your research to see what others are doing and how they’re making a living doing it.
- Bring your own twist that will set you apart.
- Model your business after major corporations who put out new products and services regularly.
- Use social media creatively.
Christine is a lifestyle coach living in Los Angeles. Using systems, routines, and some psychological trickery, she can help almost anyone hack their mind and life for greater productivity. Email email@example.com to find out if she's available for one-on-one work.