There are some amazing nail art out there but most need more skill and time than we have. That’s why I love these works of art. They require barely any skill and look pretty cute, thank you.
- Clean, shape and buff nails.
- Apply a base coat. Let completely dry.
- With 2 strips of tape create the pattern above.
- Paint black and let dry.
- Apply top coat.
Nude dotted line
- Apply 2 layers of base coat
- Add 3 stones to the ring or middle fingers
- Dip dry nails that’s been painted white or translucent in alcohol
- Press the newspaper on the nail so the print will come off on nail
- Be sure not to move around the paper or the text will blur.
- Apply a coat of topcoat.
Black French Tipped
The traditional French mani got a makeover. Here black is being used at the tip but you may want to try other colors (blue, yellow or orange all look great now) while chrome or gold would be demure yet stylish for a wedding, museum or charity event.
- Instead of at the tip, apply a strip of chrome nail polish to the side as shown over 2 coats of pink polish
- Finish off with topcoats
- Apply 2 coats of nude nail polish and let dry
- Using striping tape, block off the bottom 1/3 of your nail
- Paint 2 coats of sage from cuticle to tape
- When that dries peel off the tape and use a fresh piece to block off the second layer up
- Paint 2 coats of Forest Green on the second line and let dry
- Next place the tape 1/4 of the way down (or approximately the height of the nail tip)
- Apply 2 coats of sage at the tip and remove tape when finished
- Let dry and apply a coat of topcoat.
The Royal Treatment
- Using 5 different jewel-tone colors paint nails
- Add nail gems
- Seal with top coat
Both Zoya Natural and Butter London make long-wear nail polishes. Unlike many natural brands of polishes, Zoya doesn’t chip easily and lasts about as long (or longer) than Essie and OPI. Free from toluene, formaldehyde, DBP and camphor. Zoya carries over 300 delectable colors and cost around $10. Butter London’s selection is not that shabby either.
Tweety is a fashion writer who loves to share her love for the art of fashion. When she is not writing about fashion and beauty, she can be found behind her sewing machine.